As soon as your DAW sends a MIDI start, the sequencer in the Mother-32 will start. This is a quite annoying behavior. But with firmware 2.0 you can solve the problem.
Moog Mother-32: Ignore MIDI start
This is how you set the option to ignore MIDI start on Mother-32.
- First you need firmware 2.0 for your Mother-32.
- Press and hold the keys RESET – SHIFT – SET END – 8.
- Your mother is in parameter mode. The LED panel below OCTAVE/LOCATION shows the parameter set.
- Choose parameter set 8 by pressing (STEP) until you see LED 8 lit in yellow.
- Check now for LED 2. It should be green.
- Press 2. LED 2 should go off.
- Now Mother-32 ignores any MIDI start.
- Press and hold the keys RESET – SHIFT – SET END – 8 to save the options.