In this patch I wanted to check out Mutable Instruments Marbles for modulating Mother and Magneto. Up till now I had used Marbles to create quantized CVs for my VCOs. But then I switched to sequencers (either via MIDI or the internal Mother sequencer) and didn’t use Marbles for some time. Now it is time to restart.
Cable Connections for the patch
- Marbles t1 -> Magneto Shift
- Marbles t3 -> Magneto play direction
- Marbles X1 -> Mother VCF Res
- Marbles X2 -> Magneto Wet
- Marbles X3 -> Mother VCF Cutoff
- Magneto Clk1 out -> Marbles Clock (t on the left)
- Magneto Clk2 out -> Marbles Clock (X on the right)
- Mother-32 VCA -> Magneto Left In
- A-190-4 Clock -> Magneto Clock In
- Mother receives Notes via Midi from my DAW
In the DAW
This is the first patch using two reverbs with a distortion as insert. Both reverbs and the distortion are in one send channel.
- Raum Reverb
- Logic Pro stock Distortion II module
- Valhalla Shimmer
The Eurorack input is panned with Pancake 2 by Cable Guys.
Recording and mixing
The record was a one take. The only thing I did afterwards was to EQ the channels and add some compression. Also I used automation to change the level of reverb by bringing up or down the reverb channel. I actually like that because it reveals some of the original sound from time to time.