I hate that sound of a flute. At least I thought so until I grabbed my daughters flute and sampled some notes. Out came OP-1 Ambient Flute – Patch Notes for Bügelwäsche and this tape loop production on the Tascam 424 Mk II.
Here is how I sat up the track
- Sampled a Flute from C to B to my DAW. Used the Tascam 424MkII as Preamp.
- Recorded the samples for C, D, E and F to each the four tracks of my Tape Loop.
- Added the Zoom MS-70CDR as send effect on my Tascam with some delay and reverb.
- Loaded the C note sample into Arturia Pigments. Activated granular mode for a bit more texture. This is my lead instrument.
- Seqeuncing Pigments with Stochas, a magnificent free sequencer for controlled randomness.
- Some bass notes are coming from Pigments as well.
- Added Native Instruments Raum Reverb as send effect.
- Also put some distortion after Raum.
- Added Valhalla Shimmer. Shimmer has only 7% in the mix, just wanted it to sparkle a tiny bit.
My Flute Samples for download on Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wzClVsBXXSHn9EmqmSO26nQojIm0I75H/view?usp=sharing.